Senate Appropriations Committee Subcommittee Budget Hearing
Department of Community & Economic Development and the Department of Labor & Industry regarding economic development and job training programs
June 6, 2016
East Wing, Room 8-EB
The Senate Appropriations Education, Workforce, Community & Economic Development Subcommittee will hold its second hearing on Monday, June 6, 2016 to discuss the Commonwealth’s economic development and job training programs with the Department of Community and Economic Development and the Department of Labor and Industry. The Education, Workforce and Community & Economic Development Subcommittee’s Majority Chair is Senator Lloyd Smucker and its Minority Chair is Senator John Blake.
The hearing will focus on:
- The importance of job creation, business growth and attraction.
- The development and maintenance of a high quality workforce.
Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Pat Browne and Democratic Appropriations Committee Chairman Vincent Hughes established this subcommittee structure within the Senate Appropriations Committee to allow for a more thorough review of department and agency spending beyond what was possible during Senate Appropriations Committee budget hearings.
Subcommittee meetings will be held every Monday of session weeks from 10 a.m. to noon in Room 8E-B East Wing. Each subcommittee will be charged with:
- Performing increased administrative and program area analysis.
- Developing initiatives to promote efficiencies in program administration and delivery.
- Developing and analyzing Unified Program Area Budget Statements.