Infrastructure, Environment & Government Operations Subcommittee HEARING
Monday, May 16, 2016
Room 8E-B East Wing
The Senate Appropriations Infrastructure, Environment and Government Operations Subcommittee today (May 16th) held its second hearing. The hearing focused on the Commonwealth’s information technology programs and the Office of Information Technology. The Infrastructure, Environment and Government Operations Subcommittee’s Majority Chair is Senator John Eichelberger and its Minority Chair is Senator Jim Brewster.
The hearing focused on:
- A better understanding of the Commonwealth’s investments in information technology (IT).
- Opportunities to drive business operations efficiency through IT investments.
- Coordination of efforts and resources between the agencies and the Office of Administration.
Appropriations Committee Chairman Pat Browne and Democratic Appropriations Committee Chairman Vincent Hughes established this subcommittee structure within the Senate Appropriations Committee to allow for a more thorough review of department and agency spending beyond what was possible during Senate Appropriations Committee budget hearings.
Subcommittee meetings will be held Mondays of session weeks from 9:30 a.m. to noon in Room 8E-B East Wing. Each subcommittee will be charged with:
- Performing increased administrative and program area analysis.
- Developing initiatives to promote efficiencies in program administration and delivery.
- Developing and analyzing Unified Program Area Budget Statements.